Demystifying Social, Play, and Leisure Skills.
The goals for this workshop are for the participants to develop a richer understanding of social, play, and leisure skills and further appreciate how foundational this skill domain is in the lives of the population we serve. The other objective is for the participants to focus on teaching these skills effectively, confidently, and most importantly, having fun with the process.
Participants will be able to:
1. Demystify social, play, and leisure skills across the developmental range
2. Demonstrate the importance this skill set plays in addressing interfering behavior
3. Acquire knowledge of curriculum progression as it applies to social, play, and leisure skills
4. Gain an understanding of effective ABA techniques best suited for this teaching and the intensive therapy required
5. Practice building individualized treatment plans based on information describing fictional clientele